7-9-- Always teaching that the arts and sciences go
together, Bill presents his highly rated science, math, and music demonstration
for hundreds of eight grade students at the annual Pfizer Science and Math
Jamboree at Connecticut College
• Jan 24 - LUNCH kids take over the carousel at the
Mystic Fun Center to shoot photos for the cover of the upcoming new CD with the
groups' officially unofficial photographer, Roger Riley.
• Feb 7- The Ledyard Center School comes to the studio
for the third time with a group of 11 kids to record a song and eat lots of
• Mar 8-- The LUNCH Ensemble travels to Naugatuck to do
a show to benefit the Girl Scouts
• Mar 17- Bill is at Swift Junior High to present
music, math, and science, and technology
• Apr 4- Bill is a guest at the Haddam Killingworth
school to present music. math, science, and technology
• Apr 7 - Bill and Tom Callinan are on hand to
entertain the guests at the Governor's Conference on Tourism in Cromwell.
• Apr 9 - Career Day at Ledyard Middle School ! For the
fourth year in a row, Bill is invited to give a presentation on careers in music
• Apr 10 -- A group of kids from the Noank Baptist
Church come to the studio to record a song for the new CD
• Apr 12-- The 4th Harry Chapin Legacy Show at Fitch
High School, Groton -- 100 kids and professional artists put on a very
successful show, raising more than $30,000.
• May 3 -- The Science Center of Southeastern
Connecticut has its grand opening in New London, with Bill presenting a music,
science, and technology program.
• Jun 22 -- The group performs outdoors in sweltering
heat at the Waterbury outdoor arts festival. LUNCH and Les Julian were the
featured entertainers. No one melted, although Caitlin and Michelle hid under
the trailer most of the time. We learned that Kay doesn't like Cherry Coke, even
when it's hot outside.
• Jun 28-- Bill and Kay and Dave and Megan provide
special music for the service at the Unitarian Universalist Church in
• July 13-19 -- More than 50 campers and counselors
join The LUNCH Ensemble in a weeklong Summer Music Camp program at Camp Wightman
in Norwich. Kara Watts, Caitlin Reiter, Michelle Lane, Amanda Carpenter, and
Melody Pere provide positive role models for the younger campers.
• Aug 6-- The Group travels to Waterbury to present a
program at an arts camp for kids in grades 6-9.
• Aug 24-- The Group is at Salmon River State Park to
celebrate the end of the summer with a picnic, photos, bubbles, laser tag, and
• Oct 18 -- LUNCH concert at Cheney Hall in Manchester
to start off the Family Concert Series by bringing the Harry Chapin Legacy
to that well-known venue, to benefit local social service agencies
• December -- LUNCH and the Songwriters Association at
Olde Mistick Village for a Holiday Season Concert
• Dec 31 -- Bill and the Ensemble will be at the Union
Baptist Church family venue for Mystic First Night.