Track List, Description, & Lyrics
here for Apple i-Tunes)
Songs for the Spirit by Bill Pere
1. Let Them Be Who They Are (4:38)
2. Calendar (6:31) *
3. Jump Start (All of Your Dreams) (4:00)
4. Symphony of Man (5:24)
5. Teach Me How to Fly (3:56) (Vocal by Shauna
6. The Face In Your Mirror (4:20)
7. Prism Rainbow (5:10)
8. From On High (3:13)
9. New Day Coming Tomorrow (4:08)
* "Calendar" has been
in the Top Ten on several charts across several Internet radio stations.
Lyrics Click Here!
NEW DAY COMING TOMORROW
More songs for the spirit by Bill Pere
"Twenty years later, and he's still
writing great lyrics with important things to say about important topics…"
(Director, CT Social Service Agency)
When was the last time a song really uplifted
New Day Coming Tommorrow is Bill's second
collection of songs for the spirit, with inspirational lyrics, soaring music,
and harmonies by the LUNCH Ensemble. The tracks are orchestrated with Bill's
distinctive full band arrangements featuring 12-string acoustic guitar and Midi
guitar, to support the powerful lyrics.
"Calendar is an intricate and memorable
song about the meaning of one's life, with the 4 seasons portrayed by 4 diverse
musical styles and textures, connected by a driving refrain. " Teach Me How
to Fly", with guest voacal by Shauna Beth Mandelburg, is a haunting and
all-too-real portrait of a troubled teenager. "Jump Start", and all
the other songs remind us that we are all loved and cared for by a power far
greater than ourselves.
9 Tracks, 47 minutes, Lyric Sheet Included !
Proceeds from the sale of this CD (and all of Bill's CD's) go to help Hunger Relief and
family service agencies, through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH).
If you like lyrically rich songs that have
meaning and emotion:
New Day Coming Tomorrow is part of Bill
spiritual collection, which also includes "You'll See a Much Brighter
Day", and "A LUNCH Ensemble Christmas"
Also, check out Bill's AMERICANA series of
CD's, which includes "Crest of a Wave" (maritime setting),
"Cityscape" (urban setting), "Rural Mural" (rural setting) ,
"High School My School", (high school setting), and "College
Collage" (college setting).
BILL PERE - background highlights
• A national IMC Indie Artist of the Year
• Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995
by CT Commission on the Arts
• President and Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters
• Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United
Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger
relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
• Multiple songs in the Top Ten for more than 100 consecutive weeks, across
various charts on several Internet radio stations
• 15 CD's of original songs recorded and released
• 25 original theater plays produced
• Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
• International appearances and performances with the
Steve Chapin Band
• Official judge and critiquer for national and international songwriting and
• Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for
Community Service through Music
• Founder, Connecticut Songwriting and Performance Conference
• Director, Connecticut Songwriting Academy
• 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of
• 1995 Community Service Award from International
• Five-time recipient of the CSA Award for Outstanding
Community Outreach through Music"
• Author, "Songcrafters Coloring Book -- Songwriting Techniques that Get
• Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation
CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
• Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
• Member Connecticut Music Educators Association
• Internationally published articles in numerous music industry
publications including "Songwriters Market"
• 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
• Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding
Contribution to Education through Music
• First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for
multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
• Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs
for teachers and students