Track List, Description, & Lyrics
here for Apple i-Tunes)
Kids Who Touch the Stars
Bill Pere with the LUNCH Ensemble
1. The Beginning ??
2. My Smile Is Upside Down
3. Change It !
4. Kids Just Want to Have Fund$
5. My Best Friend
6. Kyla and the Cupcakes
7. If I Had a Time Machine (Hide and Seek)
8. Juliassic Park
9. Game Warden
10. Rhythms of Our Heart
11 All of Us God's Children
Lyrics Click Here!
Songs For Kids Who Touch the Stars
songs by Bill Pere, with the LUNCH Ensemble
These songs are not only fun but they have
meaningful words and beautiful music"
(a teacher, central CT)
When was the last time you heard songs that
speak as much to parents as they do to kids?
Songs For Kids Who Touch the Stars is Bill's
third collection of songs, designed to foster positive discussion and
interaction between kids and their parents. The songs pick up some of the
characters and stories from the preceding CD ("Songs for Kids With Common
Scents") and continue the story in new directions. In Bill's typical
cinematic style, all the songs interweave together, but can also stand
individually. There is dialog between the songs (featuring the Lunch kids) which
make the whole thing seem like a stage play.
The recording features Bill's clever, well
crafted lyrics, singable music, and harmonies by the LUNCH Ensemble. The tracks
are orchestrated with Bill's distinctive full band arrangements featuring
12-string acoustic guitar and Midi guitar.
"All of Us God's Children" was
written specially for Bill's live performance at the Special Olympics World
Games in 1995. "Rhythms o Our Heart" is a musically and lyrically rich
celebration of the way the world all fits together. These songs are light
hearted yet carry important meaning for parents and children to share.
12 Tracks, 52 minutes, Lyric Sheet Included !
Proceeds from the sale of this CD (and all of Bill's CD's) go to help Hunger Relief and
family service agencies, through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH).
If you like lyrically rich songs that have
meaning and are fun to hear and sing:
Songs For Kids Who Touch the Stars is part
three of Bill's children's collection, which also includes "Songs For Kids
Who Like to Think", "Songs For Kids With Common Scents",
"Profiles of Connecticut", and the yet-to -be released "Songs for
Kids Who Dare to Dream "
Also, check out Bill's AMERICANA series of
CD's, which includes "Crest of a Wave" (maritime setting),
"Cityscape" (urban setting), "Rural Mural" (rural setting) ,
"High School My School", (high school setting), and "College
Collage" (college setting).
Also check out Bill's spiritual collection,
which includes "You'll See a Much Brighter Day", "New Day Coming
Tomorrow"", and "A LUNCH Ensemble Christmas"
BILL PERE - background highlights
• The national IMC Indie Artist of the Year, 2003
• Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995
by CT Commission on the Arts
• President and Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters
• Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United
Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger
relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
• 14 CD's of original songs recorded and released
• 25 original theater plays produced
• Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
• International appearances and performances with the
Steve Chapin Band
• Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for
Community Service through Music
• Founder, Connecticut Songwriting and Performance Conference
• Founder, Connecticut Songwriting Academy
• 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of
• 1995 Community Service Award from International
• Five-time recipient of the CSA Award for Outstanding
Community Outreach through Music"
• Author, "Songcrafters Coloring Book -- Songwriting Techniques that Get
• Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation
CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
• Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
• Member Connecticut Music Educators Conference
• Author "Songcrafters Coloring Book"
• Published articles in numerous music industry
publications including "Songwriters Market"
• 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
• Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding
Contribution to Education through Music
• First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for
multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
• Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs
for teachers and students