Track List, Description, & Lyrics
here for Apple i-Tunes)
Kids with Common Scents
Bill Pere, with the LUNCH Ensemble
1. Word Twister, Part Deux!
2. House of Ideas (4:52)
3. Summer Breeze, Winter Wind (3:35)
4. Electric Nose! (4:45)
5. Senseless (2:35)
6. The Wish (4:54)
7. Seventeen Giraffes (3:39)
8. Bubble Bath (3:53)
9. Someone to Come Along (5:15)
10. Little Pro-Fusser (2:24)
11. The Singer and His Son (4:48)
12. Voices of the Young (3:43)
13. The End ??
Lyrics: Click Here!
Songs For Kids With Common Scents
songs by Bill Pere, with the LUNCH Ensemble
"I'm really glad I got this CD, as it
helped connect better with my son"
(a father central CT)
When was the last time you heard songs that
speak as much to parents as they do to kids?
Songs For Kids With Common Scents is Bill's
second collection of songs, designed to foster positive discussion and
interaction between kids and their parents. The songs pick up some of the
characters and stories from the preceding CD ("Songs for Kids Who Like to
Think") and start to develop new story lines which are carried over into
the third CD of the series, "Songs For Kids Who Touch the Stars". But,
in Bill's typical cinematic style, all the songs stand along, as well as
interweave with very tight cross-references to each other. There is dialog
between the songs, with lots of puns and wordplay, (featuring the Lunch kids)
which make the whole thing seem like acts in a play.
The recording features Bill's clever, well
crafted lyrics, singable music, and harmonies by the LUNCH Ensemble. The tracks
are orchestrated with Bill's distinctive full band arrangements featuring
12-string acoustic guitar and Midi guitar.
"The Wish", one of Bill's very best
story songs, appealing equally to children and adults, was selected for
inclusion on the "Artists Against Hunger" compilation CD called
"The Time is Now". "The Singer and His Son" paints a tender
portrait of the relation ship between parent and child, as a child grows up.
"House of Ideas" is another of Bill's
sensitive songs about children who learn differently in school, "Seventeen
Giraffes is unique song about a math problem, with an important message, and
Electric Nose is totally off the wall fun.
This collection is fun for kids, parents, pets,
and anyone who breathes…..
13 Tracks, 51 minutes, Lyric Sheet Included !
Proceeds from the sale of this CD (and all of Bill's CD's) go to help Hunger Relief and
family service agencies, through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH).
If you like lyrically rich songs that have
meaning and are fun to hear and sing:
Songs For Kids With Common Scents is part of
Bill's children's collection, which also includes "Songs For Kids Who Like
to Think", "Songs For Kids Who Touch the Stars", "Profiles
of Connecticut", and the yet-to -be released "Songs for Kids Who Dare
to Dream "
Also, check out Bill's AMERICANA series of
CD's, which includes "Crest of a Wave" (maritime setting),
"Cityscape" (urban setting), "Rural Mural" (rural setting) ,
"High School My School", (high school setting), and "College
Collage" (college setting).
Also check out Bill's spiritual collection,
which includes "You'll See a Much Brighter Day", "New Day Coming
Tomorrow"", and "A LUNCH Ensemble Christmas"
BILL PERE - background highlights
• A national IMC Indie Artist of the Year
• Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995
by CT Commission on the Arts
• President and Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters
• Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United
Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger
relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
• 15 CD's of original songs recorded and released
• 25 original theater plays produced
• Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
• International appearances and performances with the
Steve Chapin Band
• Official judge and critiquer for national and international songwriting and
• Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for
Community Service through Music
• Founder, Connecticut Songwriting and Performance Conference
• Director, Connecticut Songwriting Academy
• 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of
• 1995 Community Service Award from International
• Five-time recipient of the CSA Award for Outstanding
Community Outreach through Music"
• Author, "Songcrafters Coloring Book -- Songwriting Techniques that Get
• Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation
CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
• Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
• Member Connecticut Music Educators Association
• Internationally published articles in numerous music industry
publications including "Songwriters Market"
• 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
• Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding
Contribution to Education through Music
• First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for
multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
• Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs
for teachers and students