Track List, Description, & Lyrics
here for Apple i-Tunes)
Christmas Eve on the Poor Side of Town
Bill Pere, Kay Pere, and the LUNCH Ensemble
The Christmas Eve Trilogy:
1. The Crib in the Creche (5:53)
2. Christmas Eve, Silent Night (6:17)
3. The Way of the Waif (5:30)
4. Dear Santa (2:40) (featuring Amy
Henion and the LUNCH Ensemble)
5. Ornament (2:38) (featuring Amy
Henion, Samantha and Stefanie Schaufler)
6. All is Calm, All is Bright (4:10)
(featuring Kay Pere, Melody Pere, Kathleen Boyle,
Samantha and Stefanie Schaufler)
7. The Organ Grinder (4:24)
8. Christmas Eve on the Poor Side of Town (2:30)
(featuring Shauna Beth
CHRISTMAS EVE on the POOR SIDE of TOWN
A Different Look at the Christmas Season
by Bill Pere
"The true meaning of Christmas was never made
more real than through these moving story songs. They are unforgettable…"
When was the last time a song made you really
look at the meaning of Christmas?
"Christmas Eve on the Poor Side of Town" presents Christmas story from a
totally different perspective. As we enjoy our holidays with family and
friends, and a big meal around a warm table, what about Christmas for those who
carry the spirit in their heart, but have little else?
This unforgettable collection of eight original
Christmas story-songs will make you stop and think about the meaning of
Christmas. The stories of "The Crib In the Creche", "Christmas Eve Silent
Night" look at the holiday miracles that happen all around us.
"The Way of the Waif" looks at a young homeless
woman who hears voices in her head - but perhaps it is something that everyone
This collection with rich, full band
arrangements is timeless and can be a stocking stuffer for people of all ages.
8 Tracks, 34 minutes, Lyric Sheet Included !
This collection includes three of the top ten best songs that Bill has ever
Proceeds from the sale of this CD
(and all of Bill's CD's) go to help Hunger Relief and family service agencies,
through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (LUNCH).
If you like lyrically rich songs that have
meaning and emotion:
" New Day Coming Tomorrow " and "You'll See a
Much Brighter Day" are both part of Bill's spiritual collection.
Also, check out Bill's AMERICANA series of
CD's, which includes "Crest of a Wave" (maritime setting), "Cityscape" (urban
setting), "Rural Mural" (rural setting) , "High School My School", (high school
setting), and "College Collage" (college setting).
BILL PERE - background highlights
• A national IMC Indie Artist of the Year
• Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995
by CT Commission on the Arts
• President and Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters
• Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United
Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger
relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
• 15 CD's of original songs recorded and released
• 25 original theater plays produced
• Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
• International appearances and performances with the
Steve Chapin Band
• Official judge and critiquer for national and international songwriting and
• Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for
Community Service through Music
• Founder, Connecticut Songwriting and Performance Conference
• Director, Connecticut Songwriting Academy
• 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of
• 1995 Community Service Award from International
• Five-time recipient of the CSA Award for Outstanding
Community Outreach through Music"
• Author, "Songcrafters Coloring Book -- Songwriting Techniques that Get
• Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation
CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
• Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
• Member Connecticut Music Educators Association
• Internationally published articles in numerous music industry
publications including "Songwriters Market"
• 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
• Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding
Contribution to Education through Music
• First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for
multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
• Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs
for teachers and students