Track List, Description, & Lyrics
Bill Pere with the Lunch Ensemble
1. Dare to Dream (3:15)
2. The Dream That Came True (4:16)
3. Amanda's Garden (2:24)
4. The Meadow Song (3:19)
5. In All of My Dreams (3:31)
6. Alizarin Crimson (3:45)
7. Flickers (3:44)
8. Dawn Moment (2:35) : lead vocal: Nicole Foley
9. I Will Never Be Lost Again (3:37)
10. Footsteps (4:49)
11. Blind Man (2:42) ( from the Rock Opera "Of Time to Come" )
12. The Wish (remix) (4:14)
13. When I Sing (The Sound in the Space) (3:20) lead vocal: Kay
14. Forgotten Cries (8:02) from the Rock Opera "Of Time to Come"
lead vocals: Bill Pere and Melody Pere
15. Mark on the Wall (4:45)
16. Hourglass (3:49)
17. She Made It All Worthwhile (4:24)
18. Daydream (The Levees of New Orleans) (2:50) written by Rena Johnson
lead vocal: Denise Levasseur
19. Time Flies (3:10)
20. Gasoline Cat (2:24)
21. Sleep Little One (Orphan's Lullaby) (3:31)
from the musical "Pegasus"
22. the Dream Held in Your Eyes (Caregiver) (6:25) lead vocal: Jaclyn
23. Jump Start (4:03) lead vocal: Kayla Bogan
24. i-Soul 3000 A.D. (2:45) from the Rock Opera "Of Time to Come"
25. Such a Short Step (3:25)
26. You're So Jejune (3:46) lead vocal: Rachelle Seney and Diggy
27. The Game (2:58)
28. Swing the Carousel (3:01)
29. The Skulking Dream of the Wiggling Whisker
30. The Secret Adventures of Bob's Left Thigh
Dare to Dream --
written and recorded by Bill Pere, with the
" "The Wish" is dramatic songwriting" --
The Providence Phoenix
"Amazing insight as to the nature of
life and death" -
Rev. D. Arkin, College Chaplain
When was the last time a song really made you
reflect on your life, your hopes, your dreams ?
BILL PERE is an award winning songwriter, performer and recording artist,
known for lyrics that tell unforgettable tales of ordinary people who weave the
tapestry of human experience. Bill's songs can stand alone as a musical
experience, but there is always the important and subtle underlying message of
social conscience that makes them touch you even more deeply.
In Dare to Dream, Bill's 15th release, 30 songs
intertwine to create a panoramic look at life through dreams -- dreams that we
have when we sleep, and dreams which are our hopes and aspirations.
Many views of life, from pre-birth to post death, and all stages in between, are
Bill's lyrical artistry is evident, well
supported by his intricate and powerful music arrangements, and the many guest
vocalists who appear to help weave the tales. Bill's signature guitar
versatility is well represented by a variety of acoustic, electric, and Midi
styles, backed by full band accompaniment. The soaring lead vocal by Kay Pere
on "When I Sing" is especially memorable. Also featured is the poignant tribute
written by Bill, "Alizarin Crimson" and "Flickers", portraying his
Father's descent into the twilight world of Alzheimer's disease.
This collection also features the debut of three great new vocalists (Kayla
Bogan Jaclyn Sabogal and Nicole Foley), as well as the first-ever duet with Bill
and his daughter, Melody.
30 Tracks on 2 discs, 100+ minutes, LYRIC SHEET INCLUDED!
"Dare to Dream"
maintains the high level of songcrafting
and production since "Crest of a
Wave" caused a sensation when it was first released in 1991, through "High
School My School" in 2003.
Proceeds from the sale of this CD (and all of Bill's CD's) go to help Hunger Relief and
family service agencies, through Local United Network to Combat Hunger (L.U.N.C.H.).
If you like lyrically rich songs that have
meaning and emotion:
Check out Bill's spiritual journey CD's.
Besides "Dare to Dream", there is "New Day Coming Tomorrow", "You'll See a
Much Brighter Day" and " Christmas Eve on the Poor Side of Town"
Look also at Bill's AMERICANA series of CD's,
which includes "High School My School" (high school setting) "Crest
of a Wave" (maritime setting), "Cityscape" (urban setting), "Rural Mural" (rural
setting) and "College Collage" (college setting).
For a great collection of songs for kids and
parents, there are the 3 interrelated CD's "Songs For Kids Who Like
to Think", "Songs for Kids With Common Scents" and "Songs For Kids Who
Touch the Stars".
BILL PERE - background highlights
• A national IMC Indie Artist of the Year
• Official Connecticut State Troubadour appointed 1995
by CT Commission on the Arts
• President and Executive Director, Connecticut Songwriters
• Founder and Executive Director, LUNCH (Local United
Network to Combat Hunger) raising hundreds of thousands of dollars for hunger
relief programs in Connecticut through benefit concerts
• Multiple songs in the Top Ten for more than 100 consecutive weeks, across
various charts on several Internet radio stations
• 15 CD's of original songs recorded and released
• 25 original theater plays produced
• Producer of the Harry Chapin Legacy Concert series
• International appearances and performances with the
Steve Chapin Band
• Official judge and critiquer for national and international songwriting and
• Citation by the Connecticut State Legislature for
Community Service through Music
• Founder, Connecticut Songwriting and Performance Conference
• Director, Connecticut Songwriting Academy
• 1997 Citizen of the Year Award from Mystic Chamber of
• 1995 Community Service Award from International
• Five-time recipient of the CSA Award for Outstanding
Community Outreach through Music"
• Author, "Songcrafters Coloring Book -- Songwriting Techniques that Get
• Song "The Wish" selected for inclusion on compilation
CD produced by Rhode Island-based Artists Against Hunger
• Editor, Connecticut Songsmith
• Member Connecticut Music Educators Association
• Internationally published articles in numerous music industry
publications including "Songwriters Market"
• 1981 and 1991 Connecticut Songwriter of the Year
• Two-time recipient, CSA Award for Outstanding
Contribution to Education through Music
• First recipient of the CSA Renaissance Award for
multiple music achievements, presented by Pete Seeger, 1995
• Presenter of award-winning Music Technology programs
for teachers and students